Somebody call 911. The ladies of Married to Medicine Los Angeles are back with a whole lot of pulse pounding drama. Season 2 premieres Sunday, May 3 at 9/8c and the network has dropped a saucy first look promo … but noticeably absent is Asha Kamali-Blankinship.
We know Bravo is good for mixing up the cast of their shows, but the doctor’s wife and actress told HipHollywood exclusively it was a mutual decision for her NOT to return.
“The show wasn’t a fit for me and I wish them well and I am so grateful for all the fans reaching out to me about baby Kamali. I’m truly happy and continuing my career as an actress and my best role ever as a mom,” she said.
Earlier this year Asha and her husband Larry welcomed their first child. Trying to get pregnant was a big part of their storyline season 1. Her husband Larry’s ex-girlfriend was also a hot topic. According to Asha reports that he was still involved with her while he and Asha were dating were completely false. Apparently Bravo wanted to keep that drama going in season 2 and she said no thank you.
“The network asked me if I would film with Larry’s ex-girlfriend in season 2 (as they were trying to continue that storyline — that was all untrue by the way) and I told them I absolutely would not.”
We honestly don’t blame her for making that choice. It seemed kind of shady for Shanique to invite the ex-girlfriend to her husbands birthday party and try and stir that pot.
Meanwhile her BFF Dr. Noelle Reed is also not returning for season 2. Dr. Britten Cole, Dr. Imani Walker, Shanique Drummond, and Jazmin Johnson are all returning. They’ll be joined by a couple of new faces, too: Dr. Kendra Segura and Lia Dias.
From the above trailer for the new season, we can already tell that these newcomers are definitely going to make a huge impression on the Married to Medicine Los Angeles crew.
Per Bravo here’s what we can also expect this season:
- Dr. Britten is back in LA with her family in tow, but the cross-country move has put her kids into overdrive and intimacy with her husband to a screeching halt.
- Despite her friends’ suspicions that things are really falling apart, Dr. Imani embraces life as a single mom while her husband is out of state building a new business.
- Shanique is doing her best to juggle it all with her job, kids and husband Dr. Robert. She contemplates switching to a career in luxury real estate, but worries how her family will react.
- Jazmin is out to prove she’s more than a doctor’s wife by cultivating her concierge business while forging new friendships.
- A friend of Dr. Britten and new to the LA ladies, Dr. Kendra is an OB-GYN and a first-time mom who longs to return to work despite pushback from her husband, Dr. Hobart.
- Also new to the LA crew, Lia is a friend of Dr. Imani who prides herself on the notoriety of being a business entrepreneur and a girl boss rather than embracing the lifestyle of being a typical doctor’s wife.
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Larenz Tate Talks ‘Dead Presidents’, ‘Business Ethics’ And Turning Down ‘Brown Sugar’
It’s been 25 years since Dead Presidents starring Larenz Tate, Chris Tucker and Bokeem Woodbine released in theaters. It was...
Cynthia Bailey’s Wedding Still A Go … But Maybe Without ‘RHOA’ Cameras
HipHollywood is learning more details about Cynthia Bailey’s upcoming wedding. The former model and reality star is set to walk...
John David Washington Is Single — And Here’s How You Can Be The Lucky Girl To Get His Attention!
John David Washington is Hollywood’s latest heartthrob. The 36-year-old actor has it all — the looks, the personality, and the...
Chaka Khan Reveals Film About Her Life In The Works … And Who’ll Play Her
Chaka Khan is trying to get her flowers while she’s still alive. The Queen Of Funk told HipHollywood exclusively she’s...