Somebody call 911. The ladies of Married to Medicine Los Angeles are back with a whole lot of pulse pounding drama. Season 2 premieres Sunday, May 3 at 9/8c and the network has dropped a saucy first look promo … but noticeably absent is Asha Kamali-Blankinship.
We know Bravo is good for mixing up the cast of their shows, but the doctor’s wife and actress told HipHollywood exclusively it was a mutual decision for her NOT to return.
“The show wasn’t a fit for me and I wish them well and I am so grateful for all the fans reaching out to me about baby Kamali. I’m truly happy and continuing my career as an actress and my best role ever as a mom,” she said.
Earlier this year Asha and her husband Larry welcomed their first child. Trying to get pregnant was a big part of their storyline season 1. Her husband Larry’s ex-girlfriend was also a hot topic. According to Asha reports that he was still involved with her while he and Asha were dating were completely false. Apparently Bravo wanted to keep that drama going in season 2 and she said no thank you.
“The network asked me if I would film with Larry’s ex-girlfriend in season 2 (as they were trying to continue that storyline — that was all untrue by the way) and I told them I absolutely would not.”
We honestly don’t blame her for making that choice. It seemed kind of shady for Shanique to invite the ex-girlfriend to her husbands birthday party and try and stir that pot.
Meanwhile her BFF Dr. Noelle Reed is also not returning for season 2. Dr. Britten Cole, Dr. Imani Walker, Shanique Drummond, and Jazmin Johnson are all returning. They’ll be joined by a couple of new faces, too: Dr. Kendra Segura and Lia Dias.
From the above trailer for the new season, we can already tell that these newcomers are definitely going to make a huge impression on the Married to Medicine Los Angeles crew.
Per Bravo here’s what we can also expect this season:
- Dr. Britten is back in LA with her family in tow, but the cross-country move has put her kids into overdrive and intimacy with her husband to a screeching halt.
- Despite her friends’ suspicions that things are really falling apart, Dr. Imani embraces life as a single mom while her husband is out of state building a new business.
- Shanique is doing her best to juggle it all with her job, kids and husband Dr. Robert. She contemplates switching to a career in luxury real estate, but worries how her family will react.
- Jazmin is out to prove she’s more than a doctor’s wife by cultivating her concierge business while forging new friendships.
- A friend of Dr. Britten and new to the LA ladies, Dr. Kendra is an OB-GYN and a first-time mom who longs to return to work despite pushback from her husband, Dr. Hobart.
- Also new to the LA crew, Lia is a friend of Dr. Imani who prides herself on the notoriety of being a business entrepreneur and a girl boss rather than embracing the lifestyle of being a typical doctor’s wife.
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Tyrese Wants Rihanna To Play His Girlfriend In Next ‘Fast & Furious’ Film
Tyrese has some casting suggestions for the final two ‘Fast & Furious’ films. HipHollywood caught up with the singer/ actor,...
David Oyelowo Talks British Vs. American Casting Controversy And Reveals His Favorite Accent To Use!
Peter Rabbit is back! The mischievous rabbit and his animal friends are back wreaking havoc in theaters now so it...
‘In The Heights’ Cast Talks Growing Up In NYC, Diversity And Making History
If you grew up on the East Coast then you would know that New York City summers are always ones...
PJ Morton Talks New Maroon 5 Album + Performs At ‘Get Loud Concert Series’
June is Black Music Month and what better place to explore the origins than in Memphis, TN. HipHollywood traveled to...
- CELEBRITY2 days ago
Snoop Dogg Gives Update On His Mother’s Health: “She Is Still Fighting”
- CELEBRITY3 days ago
Kanye West Reportedly Living At Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- NEWS2 days ago
Issa Bride: Issa Rae Weds Longtime Boyfriend In Private Ceremony
- CELEBRITY2 days ago
R. Kelly Accused Of Sexually Abusing Two Underage Boys