Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Travis Scott, Drake Sued Following Astroworld Tragedy

Published

on

Travis Scott, Drake and Live Nation have just been sued by somebody alleging they were injured during Astroworld Fest.

A man named Manuel Souza reportedly filed suit Saturday in Harris County District Court — claiming he was hurt during the festival where at least eight people were killed — and hundreds more injured.

Souza is seeking upwards of $1 million in damages according to TMZ.

In the lawsuit Souza says the incident was “predictable and preventable” — due, in part, to what he characterizes as warning signs earlier in the day. He also cites Travis’ history of allegedly encouraging violence among fans at past concerts, which Souza says has led to people getting hurt.

A second lawsuit has also been filed against Scott, Live Nation, and Drake — blaming the rappers for negligently inciting “a riot and violence”. That lawsuit, which seeks $1 million in damages, also claims the venue and Live Nation failed to provide adequate security and medical services during the festival.

Civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump said Sunday that he has filed a lawsuit on behalf of another attendee — 21-year-old Noah Gutierrez, and expects to file more for other alleged victims next week.

Scott has not commented on the lawsuits but said in a statement Saturday, that he was “absolutely devastated by what took place.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by HIPHOLLYWOOD (@hiphollywood)

Drake has not issued a statement following the tragic events … just pictures from his performance.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi)

Popular on Hip Hollywood


Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement

Trending

Advertisement

Facebook

Trending