Mike Tyson wasn’t lying when he said he was working on his own TV series about his life.
A month ago the boxing legend slammed Hulu for announcing that they were doing an 8 episode mini-series titled “Iron Mike”. In a scathing post on his Instagram account he called out the streaming platform for trying to cash in on his life story and told fans to boycott.
“Hulu’s announcement to do an unauthorized mini-series of the Tyson story without compensation, although unfortunate, isn’t surprising,” he said. “This announcement on the heels of social disparities in our country is a prime example of how Hulu’s corporate greed led to this tone-deaf cultural misappropriation of the Tyson life story.”
View this post on Instagram
Tyson also said that he is doing his own TV series and he’d be sharing more details soon.
Limited Series Starring Jamie Foxx
On Monday Variety announced a limited series about the boxing legend’s life starring Jamie Foxx is in the works. You recall Foxx announced he was training to play the heavy weight champion in an upcoming biopic. According to the site, Tyson, Foxx, Antoine Fuqua and Martin Scorsese are now working on a more in depth project to span his entire life.
Fuqua is slated to direct “Tyson” while Colin Preston is currently working on writing the full series.
“I have been looking to tell my story for quite some time,” Tyson said in statement. “With the recent launch of Legends Only League and the excitement from fans following my return to the ring, now feels like the perfect moment. I look forward to collaborating with Martin, Antoine, Jamie, and the entire creative team to bring audiences a series that not only captures my professional and personal journey but also inspires and entertains.”
No streaming platform or network is attached, but given the star power attached we’re sure that will happen very soon.
Return To The Ring
Meanwhile Tyson’s return to the ring seems to be on hold at the moment. According to reports his highly anticipated fight against Evander Holyfield is off.
Evander’s camp told TMZ negotiations for a 3rd fight between the boxing legends have fallen apart. “We thought this was a done deal but it quickly fell apart when Tyson’s people declined all offers,” Kris Lawrence said.
The two sides had been in talks for months following Iron Mike’s exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr. last year. Tyson was slated to get a guaranteed $25 million to fight Holyfield at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. Apparently now he wants a bigger cut than the 50/50 split agreed upon.
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Melody Holt Dishes On New Music And Life After Martell
Melody Holt is single and has a new single at the top of the R&B charts. Just a few days...
Cynthia Erivo Opens Up About Pressure Playing Aretha In ‘Genius: Aretha’
Nat Geo’s Genius: Aretha finally premiered Sunday night (March 21) and to be expected Cynthia Erivo was just that … Genius. HipHollywood...
Married To Medicine: Dr. Contessa Reveals If Husband Scott Cheated
Married To Medicine star Dr. Contessa is keeping it real about her relationship with husband Dr. Scott Metcalfe. Last...
Zamunda V. Wakanda: ‘Coming 2 America’ Cast Reveals Who’s Better
Nearly 30 years after Coming To America hit theaters … the world is finally getting a sequel. Coming 2 America...
- CELEBRITY2 days ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Reveals He’s Homeless, Go Fund Me Set Up
- NEWS1 day ago
Bobby Brown Opens Up About Addictions, Controversies, And Whitney At The Red Table
- CELEBRITY3 days ago
Social Media Erupts In Debate After Kid Cudi Wears Dress On ‘SNL’
- MUSIC1 day ago
Drake Opens Up About Beef With DMX on “Drink Champs”