D.L. Hughley’s good pal George Lopez is giving an update on his condition after being diagnosed with coronavirus. Lopez said Hughley was quite scared after passing out on stage last week but says it may have been a blessing in disguise.
Last month (June 21) D.L. Hughley announced he tested positive for coronavirus after collapsing on stage during a show in Nashville. Hughley, 57, was suffering from exhaustion after working and traveling during the week.
In an Instagram post, Hughley said the positive diagnosis came after a battery of tests were performed when he was taken to Nashville’s Saint Thomas Hospital Friday night after his collapse.
Lopez also told us about his new Netflix special We’ll Do It For Half and doing comedy in the age of coronavirus. Lopez, 59, says he is taking the necessary precautions to make sure he stays healthy.
In his newest special he talks about race, politics, and life lessons to be learned from the Latino community; especially the elders. Filmed at The Warfield Theatre in San Francisco, the one-hour special dissects cultural differences, emotional support animals, gender reveal parties, elevator etiquette and much more. George Lopez: We’ll Do It For Half premieres globally on Netflix on June 30.