Motherhood has been quite the roller coaster ride for Cardi B. First, the rapper had to pull out of the Bruno Mars tour and now she’s opening up about her postpartum struggle.
In a revealing post on her IG story, the “Invasion of Privacy” artist shared her situation in a few words and emojis.
Thankfully, Cardi is not alone in her struggle. Several celebrity moms have opened up about their postpartum experience. Having this sister circle of support in necessary when working through such complex emotions. Here’s a list of women that Cardi could definitely call on…
1) Serena Williams has also been very vocal about her postpartum journey. She recently posted this message on Instagram, offering support to others mother going through the same thing.
Last week was not easy for me. Not only was I accepting some tough personal stuff, but I just was in a funk. Mostly, I felt like I was not a good mom.
I read several articles that said postpartum emotions can last up to 3 years if not dealt with. I like communication best. Talking things through with my mom, my sisters, my friends let me know that my feelings are totally normal.
It’s totally normal to feel like I’m not doing enough for my baby.
We have all been there. I work a lot, I train, and I’m trying to be the best athlete I can be.
However, that means although I have been with her every day of her life, I’m not around as much as I would like to be. Most of you moms deal with the same thing. Whether stay-at-home or working, finding that balance with kids is a true art. You are the true heroes.
I’m here to say: if you are having a rough day or week–it’s ok–I am, too!!! There’s always tomm!
2) Chrissy Teigen experienced postpartum depression after giving birth to her daughter Luna in 2016. The “Lip Sync Battle” host shared with Glamour readers what her darkest days looked like:
“When I wasn’t in the studio, I never left the house. I mean, never. Not even a tiptoe outside. I’d ask people who came inside why they were wet. Was it raining? How would I know—I had every shade closed. Most days were spent on the exact same spot on the couch and rarely would I muster up the energy to make it upstairs for bed. John would sleep on the couch with me, sometimes four nights in a row. I started keeping robes and comfy clothes in the pantry so I wouldn’t have to go upstairs when John went to work. There was a lot of spontaneous crying.”
3) Tamera Mowry-Housley opened up about her PPD experience after reading about Adele’s similar situation.
“A lot of people don’t know this, but I too struggled with PPD. I really appreciated that she (Adele) talked about the degrees of postpartum. I thought postpartum was just that you wanted to harm yourself or you wanted to harm your child. I didn’t feel that at all. I felt like I had this dark, dark cloud above my head constantly that just wouldn’t (lift) itself,” Tamera shared with Vanity Fair
4) Jennifer Lopez gave birth to twins, Max and Emme, in 2008. And almost immediately afterwards she noticed the signs. During an interview in Redbook, Lopez admitted that “she started to feel depressed, sad, and thought that the babies didn’t love her.” She was eventually diagnosed with postpartum depression as well as postpartum paranoia.
5) During a visit to Chelsea Lately, Jill Scott shared that, two months after giving birth to her son Jett Hamilton she wanted to give her son to someone else. Luckily, she came out on the other side but not before things got really dark: “One day, when I was standing by the door and I was considering throwing him out into the pool — sleep deprivation is ugly — at that very moment I looked and said, ‘Ah! I love you!’ And that’s what did it.”
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Larenz Tate Talks ‘Dead Presidents’, ‘Business Ethics’ And Turning Down ‘Brown Sugar’
It’s been 25 years since Dead Presidents starring Larenz Tate, Chris Tucker and Bokeem Woodbine released in theaters. It was...
Cynthia Bailey’s Wedding Still A Go … But Maybe Without ‘RHOA’ Cameras
HipHollywood is learning more details about Cynthia Bailey’s upcoming wedding. The former model and reality star is set to walk...
John David Washington Is Single — And Here’s How You Can Be The Lucky Girl To Get His Attention!
John David Washington is Hollywood’s latest heartthrob. The 36-year-old actor has it all — the looks, the personality, and the...
Chaka Khan Reveals Film About Her Life In The Works … And Who’ll Play Her
Chaka Khan is trying to get her flowers while she’s still alive. The Queen Of Funk told HipHollywood exclusively she’s...