Andre “Dre” Johnson and Rainbow “Bow” Johnson have hit a rough patch in their marriage and Black-ish fans are flabbergasted. There have been outcries on Twitter, anger on Instagram and veiled threats on every platform regarding a full on boycott of the comedy people have loved for the last four years. And unfortunately, if the Black-ish writers don’t repair the Bow and Dre union soon we think a large part of the audience may just bail, and here’s why:
1) Where da funny at? “Black-ish” by description is a comedy, so when you tune in you expect to laugh — not cry. Unfortunately, with the last few episodes there have definitely been more tears than tee-hees and now folks on Twitter are saying things like…
2) Too much, too soon. Many viewers also feel just like this tweeter…
3) Timing — Black people can’t take this right now! Look, in just the past week we’ve been disappointed by Kanye West, devastated by Bill Cosby and determined to take down R. Kelly — The Johnson family was supposed to be our respite. But alas, this new “serious” storyline is taking us down and right now is just not the time for it.
4) And in the midst of it all, you realize Zoe’s practically gone all the time and now, since Junior has graduated and is heading to Howard University, he’ll be absent a lot, too. That’s TWO key characters! Sorry, little Devante, you can’t fill those shoes.
5) And then there’s this. Yes, it comes out of left-field, but you know how quick a boycott can take-off. Let’s just hope this one is all bark and no bite.
Look, we can’t tell you what to do, but we can implore you to take a beat before you bail. Remember the show you feel in love with — don’t give up on it. And listen to Diane, she speaks truth in her tweets:
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Melody Holt Dishes On New Music And Life After Martell
Melody Holt is single and has a new single at the top of the R&B charts. Just a few days...
Cynthia Erivo Opens Up About Pressure Playing Aretha In ‘Genius: Aretha’
Nat Geo’s Genius: Aretha finally premiered Sunday night (March 21) and to be expected Cynthia Erivo was just that … Genius. HipHollywood...
Married To Medicine: Dr. Contessa Reveals If Husband Scott Cheated
Married To Medicine star Dr. Contessa is keeping it real about her relationship with husband Dr. Scott Metcalfe. Last...
Zamunda V. Wakanda: ‘Coming 2 America’ Cast Reveals Who’s Better
Nearly 30 years after Coming To America hit theaters … the world is finally getting a sequel. Coming 2 America...
- CELEBRITY2 days ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Reveals He’s Homeless, Go Fund Me Set Up
- NEWS1 day ago
Bobby Brown Opens Up About Addictions, Controversies, And Whitney At The Red Table
- CELEBRITY2 days ago
Social Media Erupts In Debate After Kid Cudi Wears Dress On ‘SNL’
- MUSIC1 day ago
Drake Opens Up About Beef With DMX on “Drink Champs”