Terry Crews stopped by Good Morning America on Wednesday morning to further detail his experience being sexually assaulted by a major Hollywood agent.
Crews, who filed a police report over the incident, initially unveiled the story in a long Twitter tirade last month. He explained that he and his wife were at a Hollywood event, last year when a powerful executive “came over 2 me and groped my privates.”
It now has been revealed that that powerful executive is head of William Morris Endeavor’s motion picture group, Adam Venit. “This is the thing—I did not know this man,” Crews told Michael Strahan on Wednesday. “The first time I ever had an interaction with him was at this event.”
During the party, the Brooklyn Nine Nine actor explained that Venit was making “overtly sexual tongue moves” towards him.
“I’m looking at him like, ‘Is this a joke?'” Crews said. “It was actually so bizarre.” The actor then went on to claim that right there, the executive squeezed his genitals.
“I have never felt more emasculated, more objectified,” Crews said, claiming that the assault continued a second time that same night. “I was horrified.”
According to Terry, he initially wanted to resort to violence, but after a first shove, he held back. “If I would have just retaliated in defense, I would be under the jail right now and that’s one thing I knew being a large African American man in America, I would immediately be seen as a thug, but I’m not a thug. I’m an artist,” he said.
Crews is just one of many Hollywood stars and starlets coming forward about harassment in Hollywood. The string of allegations came down the pipeline after Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexual assault.
As for moving forward to bring this to an end, Terry suggest that “People need to be held accountable. This is the deal about Hollywood–it’s an abuse of power,” he told Strahan. “This guy—he’s one of the most powerful men in Hollywood and he looked at me at the end as if [to say], ‘Who’s going to believe you?'”