Chris Bosh’s time with the Miami Heat might be done for good, at least according to Heat President, Pat Riley.
Over the past two seasons, Bosh suffered multiple blood clots, which led to multiple missed games and practices, and now might lead to an end of an era. While the prognosis of the athlete’s health is immediately unclear, Riley confirms that the NBA player might not have much more time in the league.
“We are not working toward his return,” Riley told reporters on Monday.
Last week, Bosh released a video statement confirming that he had not been cleared to go to camp and that “setbacks happen but that doesn’t change my intentions or what I want to accomplish.”
Recently, Bosh has been chronicling his health journey in a series titled Uninterrupted Bosh Rebuilt, which he says is a journey that has “ups and downs.”
— UNINTERRUPTED (@uninterrupted) September 24, 2016
The team released a statement regarding Bosh’s team status, writing: “The Miami HEAT and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible. Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami HEAT regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.”