Connect with us

A law enforcement source revealed to the Associated Press on Thursday that Prince Rogers Nelson died of an opioid overdose.

On April 21, Prince, 57, was found unresponsive inside an elevator at his Paisley Park Estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Medical crews attempted to provide lifesaving CPR, but were unable to revive the singer. Prince was pronounced deceased at 10:07 am.

Just days after the musician’s ultimately passing, it was confirmed that Prince’s team reached out to a specialist about a “grave medical emergency.” According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Dr. Howard Kornfeld out of Mill Valley, California, immediately sent his son, Andrew, to Prince’s Paisley Park estate to treat the iconic singer.

According to William Mauzy, a Minneapolis attorney working with the Kornfeld family, “The plan was to quickly evaluate his health and devise a treatment plan.” He told Tribune, “The doctor was planning on a lifesaving mission.”

But by the time Andrew arrived to the estate, it was too late.

According to an attorney representing the singer’s half-siblings, the singer had an addiction to Percocet decades before he died.

Popular on Hip Hollywood

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.