Detroit Pistons player, Brandon Jennings took to Instagram on Thursday to address his very public relationship with new boo, Tae Heckard.
“Let me clear the Air I’ve been Single since i was 21yrs old. This is my first public “Real” relationship,” he wrote on the social media website.
Jennings post comes on the heels of reports that he and Heckard are engaged. (It’s worth noting that Brandon’s first public relationship was with Teyana Taylor when he was 20-years-old, but his post suggests that this new relationship is the first REAL one.) Tae has been sporting a huge rock on her ring finger, but the duo have not confirmed whether or not they are planning to tie the knot.
In case you haven’t been paying attention, over the past several months, there has been a complicated “love
triangle hexagon” going on between Nelly, Ashanti, Brandon Jennings, Tae Heckard, Miss Jackson and Floyd Mayweather. So lets break it down:
1. Nelly and Ashanti dated for nearly ten years until their public split in 2013.
2. Following their break up, Nelly reportedly started dating longtime friend, Tae Heckard. While that was allegedly happening, Ashanti and Nelly were seen together on several occasions, which fueled rumors that they were back together:
-February 1-3, 2014: Super Bowl Weekend Nelly and Ashanti posing together at party.
-Early March 2014: Ashanti was seen blowing kisses to her ex via facetime at her album release party.
3. Pistons player, Brandon Jennings then popped into the picture and started posting photos via social media of Tae, hinting that the two were a couple.
4. Tae also started posting photos which seemingly confirmed that she and Jennings were a couple.
-March 22: Tae posts photo from Pistons game.
“It ain’t my Lakers, but it’ll do.”
5. After Jennings and Tae started to make their romance public, Nelly posted Heckard as his Woman Crush Wednesday.
-Early April, 2014:
“#WCW and so what … ???? @lashontae aka Cookie.”
6. In response, Jennings fired back writing on social media:
-Early April, 2014:
“We don’t wanna hide no more,” he wrote via Instagram. “I want them to know that your my ladddyyyy.”
(Are you following? This is when it starts getting messy.)
7. Nelly then took to Instagram and shared with his fans that he was 100% single. But then, the rapper made Floyd Mayweather’s ex-fiancee, Shantel Jackson another Woman Crush Wednesday.
-April 16, 2014:
“DAMMMMM Shantel aka @missjackson if ya nasty …!! #TTMX,”
8. Fast-forward to April 28, 2014: Nelly was seen with Miss Jackson at the Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats playoff game.
9. Following the basketball sighting, Mayweather took to Instagram to explain why he and Miss Jackson called it quits:
“The real reason why me and Shantel Christine Jackson @missjackson broke up was because she got an abortion, and I’m totally against killing babies. She killed our twin babies. #ShantelJackson #FloydMayweather #TheMoneyTeam #TMT.”
10. In what appears to be in response to Mayweather’s tweet, Miss Jackson posted a photo of herself canoodling with Nelly, writing:
“Look up MO say cheese… Lol You encourage me to smile and laugh through all my BS. Thank You. #Realfriend P.S You are truly a comedian. LMAO,” she wrote.
After flushing through the timeline, it’s safe to say that Brandon Jennings and Tae Heckard are official, Nelly and Miss Jackson are close friends (possibly dating) and Miss Jackson and Floyd Mayweather are officially over.
Popular on Hip Hollywood
Tom Cruise Pilots Helicopter To ‘Top Gun Maverick’ Premiere
36 years after “Top Gun’ dominated the box office, a sequel is finally flying into theaters. “Top Gun Maverick” starring...
Exclusive: Rihanna Hosts Rave-Themed Baby Shower
HipHollywood can confirm a Rihanna baby-shower has happened. The global superstar didn’t let boyfriend A$AP Rocky’s recent arrest rain on...
Apple TV+ Making Noise With ‘Roar’ Starring Issa Rae and Cynthia Erivo
Apple TV+ is making some noise with their new series “Roar” starring Nicole Kidman, Issa Rae and Cynthia Erivo. The...
T.D. Jakes Wants To Work With Rappers On Upcoming Projects
T.D. Jakes wants to reach out and touch the hip hop community. The mega-pastor turned producer told Hip Hollywood exclusively...